Andarius' Journal [In Character]

Home Forums New Caledonia Andarius' Journal [In Character]

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Andarius 1 day, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Andarius
    Keymaster

NOTE: An ongoing chronicle of Andarius’ journeys, encounters and thoughts while living on New Caledonia. Feel free to follow along. There might be some useful tidbits of knowledge to be gleaned from these entries.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Andarius.
    #62 Reply

Andarius
    Keymaster
      Andarius’ Personal Journal.

Entry 1:

En taro Adun brave traveler. For several cycles of this planet’s only moon I have found myself uncannily allied with a Primal Zerg inhabitant who is likewise stranded here. This planet is strange and seems to have highly unstable psi energy causing strange maladies such as mutated masses of moss which walk and explode when near a selected host which they wish to infect with their spores. In addition there is a virus running rampant which has caused many of the Terran inhabitants to become zombies which crave the flesh of other sentient beings for nourishment. In some cases, the rules of normal physics seem to be suspended for certain entities such as trees which remain suspended in the air when cut rather than falling to the effects of the planet’s gravity.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Andarius.
    • This reply was modified 6 days, 22 hours ago by  Andarius.
    #85 Reply

Andarius
    Keymaster

Entry 2:

The city Kysh and I founded together was named by us, New Auir in honor of my brethren’s lost homeworld. In it there is a compound we established in order to protect some of the village inhabitants who were falling to the effects of the zombie virus infection I mentioned in my previous entry. We have since managed to stabilize the local population and I enjoy trading and conversing with these odd Terrans who live quite differently from their counterparts I have interacted with in other sectors. One, particular fellow is a Librarian called Griogair who knows a great deal about ancient Terran history. He and I have had many conversations together in which I have become quite educated on both Terran history and New Caledonian history and lore. In future entries I will share some of this with you.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 22 hours ago by  Andarius.
    #98 Reply

Andarius
    Keymaster

Entry 3:

Griogair tells me that the planet was named New Caledonia at the founding because an old name for the Terran homeworld’s island from whence his ancestors came. Apparently, in antiquity, there was an empire from the south which came and called this land Caledonia and so the name was adopted by future generations although it was known as Scotland for the Scotti tribes who lived there as well. It is still so that a great many of the Terran inhabitants of this planet are of the descent he speaks of but others have come too and each of them have a unique way of living and connecting with their ancestors in this place. Under The Confederacy a great deal more leniency was lent to such groups who wished to revive the religions which had been purged in the past from the Terran population under more stringent government control. When the Dominion and later the United Earth Directorate came into power such fringe, religious groups were once again under great scrutiny and persecution. So, many of the groups came here because the star system was isolated from most of trade and military routes used by the powers that be. So, they had the freedom to live a life of their own choosing. That was, until the wars came and temporarily disrupted their way of life.

#99 Reply

Andarius
    Keymaster

Entry 4:

Griogair also tells me that there is a grouping of islands to the north of New Auir where some are living a rather primitive by most standards life but that they have a great connection to something he describes as magical. What he describes seems similar to the ways of my own tribes of Protoss in living. Interesting, to think, the Terrans could have evolved to know the ways of directing psi energy had their history taken a different path. Instead, theirs became a livelihood more dependent on their tools and technology but less in tune with the powers which lie within themselves.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Andarius' Journal [In Character]
Your information: